Georgian Civil Society Sustainability Initiative
The project ”Georgian Civil Society Sustainability Initiative” (CSSIGE) was developed and is implemented by the consortium lead by the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung in cooperation with four Georgian Civil Society Organizations: Civil Society Institute (CSI), Center for Training and Consultancy (CTC), Center for Strategic Research and Development of Georgia (CSRDG) and Education Development and Employment Center (EDEC).
The project is funded by the European Union and co-funded by the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung.
The overall objective of the initiative is to improve the operational environment for civil society in Georgia, through empowering CSOs, increasing their accountability towards constituencies and amplifying their linkages to other actors.
In order to ensure efficient outreach and sustainability of the “Georgian Civil Society Sustainability Initiative“ and its outcomes nation-wide, as well as contribute to experience sharing and networking on regional and national levels, the project established hubs in all 10 regions of Georgia. “Innovation and Civic Developments Centre is a regional hub for CSSIGE in Guria.
As all hubs of the project, “Progress House” supports CSSIGE with efficient outreach and sustainability and contributes to the experience sharing and networking on regional and national levels. The issue includes:
- Disseminates information on upcoming and conducted project activities in the respective region;
- Facilitates communication with local actors (CSOs, CBOs, CIGs, LA, business, media) including various consultation processes and workshops on legislation reviews, networking, advocacy and monitoring issues;
- Implements awareness-raising campaigns (including regional CSO fairs, competitions etc.) targeting different local actors as well as the general public on CSO role and activities;
- Implements capacity-building activities for local CSOs/CBOs.
In addition, within the grant funding received from CSSIGE, “Progress House” offers following services:
- Sharing information on grant competitions as well as about training and educational programs announced in the region.
- We offer telephone consultations on the announced calls for proposals and grant funding opportunities.
Consultations are available at the regional Hub office at the following address: Ozurgeti City, 26 May Street #11a, also via phone (call is free) on the following mobile numbers:
+995598140411 – Natia Vashalomidze
+995599149425 – Rusudan Rusieshvili
+995551541564 – Mindia Salukvadze
- CSOs and community associations, members of civil society, volunteers are able to use the technically equipped working space located in the regional HUB office (Ozurgeti City, 26 May Street #24 (II floor); Reservation is possible via hotline (at the numbers above).
- Residents of the region, government structures, local and international organizations interested in working in the region, are offered with the information (in Georgian / English languages) about non-governmental organizations, associations, and community-based organizations in the region;
- Regional discussions, training seminars on the topic of Euro-Association Agreement, Facilitation, Advocacy, Community Mobilization, Civic Involvement.
- Annual competitions for journalists
- Annual competition for young bloggers
- In connection with the popularization of youth volunteer principles, workshops on the bilateral volunteer platform “Time Bank” (https://edec.timerepublik.com/)